In certain conditions, you are entitled to be referred from the public healthcare to the private healthcare.
When can you be referred from the public healthcare to private healthcare?
If your GP has referred you to a public hospital for a specialist assessment or further examinations, you can choose to be seen at Aleris-Hamlet Hospital if:
- You have been waiting more than one month for an examination
- You have been waiting more than one month for a treatment
- The date of a planned surgery has been changed
Aleris-Hamlet hospital has reached an agreement with the region about the treatment/examinations you are entitled to have.
Be aware that public hospitals are not required to inform you about the waiting period, so contact your hospital or patient counselor if needed.
How to proceed as a patient from the public healthcare?
To use your rights, you need to follow the following step:
- Contact the department where you have been referred to at your local hospital (or to the patient office in the region) and ask them to refer you to Aleris-Hamlet Hospital.
- The referring hospital will then send us a referral letter with the relevant records (blood results, X-ray, scan images…)
- We will then contact you for a consultation with a doctor and possible treatment and examinations depending on the issue.
- If it turns out that you need more examinations than initially expected, Aleris-Hamlet Hospitals will need to obtain a payment approval. Therefore, in certain cases, you will need to wait for approval before your progress can continue.
If you have any queries related to financial issues please contact us.
- Call: +45
- Email : ,,,,,”aleris-hamlet.dk